Good Food Cooking School is the home of the Good Food Cooking Basics course, Gluten-Free Bread Basics course, and Gluten-Free Classic Cookies course, among other cooking and baking offerings. Our school is 100% online with a small remote team that extends across the US. The core mission of our work is to help people to feel confident cooking and baking more good food, every day. We do this mainly through our courses and ongoing membership offerings. We’re a small team of two, working primarily with trusted, reliable contractors when needed.
Provide the tools, inspiration, and support to help people build the confidence to cook and bake more good food every day. Our focus is developing and sharing recipes and know how for all eaters (and/or the people who cook for them) who want to eat more plants (and gluten-free foods).
1. Exceptional Experience
In everything we do and put out into the world, we bring our creativity, skills, and knowledge to deliver an exceptional experience. We strive to build positive connection and loyalty with all of our students, members, and subscribers.
2. No-Dogma Empowerment
We provide a dogma-free place for our members to explore, build confidence, and ultimately cook healthier foods. We meet our members where they are, and we’re eager to share creative solutions for everything we do. We are forever learning and sharing through a nurturing lens of support, acceptance, accountability, and encouragement. We are here to empower, not judge.
We strive to exceed expectations in every endeavor. We’re accountable for our role within the team and the goals we set for ourselves and those set by the company. We take full ownership of both while aiming to achieve and deliver an incredible experience. Understanding our dynamic work environment, we are each accountable to those goals, and should work effectively to reach them, with an awareness of when it may be time to change course or re-evaluate.
We are dedicated to nourishing relationships with our students/customers, our community, our partners, fellow team members, as well as our work. By fostering open and honest communication, reflection and evaluation, we build trust with those around us and strive for equity within our relations. We are continually learning how we can better serve our members and community. As part of a remote team, we prioritize building a healthy team and fostering a healthy work life balance while making our personal health and wellbeing a pillar in our lives.
Qualities that make you a great fit with our company
- Interest in health, food, cooking, baking, specifically gluten-free, dairy-free options
- Solution-oriented thinker
- You care a lot about the process and the final outcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—you maintain a friendly and professional disposition, even when moving at a quick pace or if plans change last minute
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced style when necessary with on-the-fly modifications for optimal effectiveness
- Sense of urgency and passion—you’re resourceful and can problem solve with minimal guidance
- Strong aesthetic sense with meticulous attention to detail—you see all the little things and love ensuring all i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed
- You have a strong ability to think ahead on what needs to be done—doing it before even being asked
- Resourcefulness and positive can-do attitude—you love finding solutions to challenges and turning them into opportunities
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- An iPhone user with your own computer for use (Macs are our preference, but not required)—we employ a “bring your own device policy”
Qualities that make you stand out
- Curious and critical thinker
- Passionate about being in a supportive role
- Enthusiastic about digital media, online business, and fostering community
- Strategic thinker who is always looking for innovative solutions
- Professional work ethic—you show up in every way
- Staying power—the ability to commit and see projects through to fruition
- Require minimal guidance and are self-motivated to be incredible at what you do
None at this time, but stay tuned. We are growing!
YumUniverse, LLC. and Good Food Cooking School welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Black Lives Matter, and we stand for LGBTQ rights. We actively invest in community action working to build a solution-driven inclusive company, community, and world. Only apply if you are in agreement and stand by these values.